I know you’re gonna love these cool braids!
So, Bunny and I are gearing up for a really candy themed hair show at my school. She’s a sour patch kid, which is why her hair is a really love extreme than anything I normally do.
Anyway, I’m excited to share this because of the heart cornrow design and the chunky monkey two strands!
We used new products on her hair, which I just wrote a review on.
I hope you all enjoy this!
For styling the hair you’ll need:
- Karen’s Body Beautiful Lavender Vanilla Sweet Ambrosia Leave-In Conditioner
- Karen’s Body Beautiful Super Duper Hydrating Hair Cream
Detailed Cool Braids Step By Step Instructions:
- The thing I did was part B’s hair in half, from the top of her head down to her nape. I clipped one side out of the way and began two strand twisting one side. I LOVE side cornrows!
- After I had twisted all of the two strand twists, I began doing a free style cornrow design. I did the heart design first and built off of that.
- When I ran out of room to cornrow, I went a head and tied off each cornrow with a rubber band and two strand twisted her hair all the way to the end.
- And now, for step by step braiding instructions on the heart
- First, go ahead and part out a heart shape. The bigger the heart shape you part out, the bigger the heart is going to be, obviously, and the bigger the statement it will make.
- Starting at the bottom right, I numbered the spaces going counter-clockwise. That bottom right was the first space that I braided, going up towards the second space.
- Here you can see how I braided “1” up towards the second space.
- Here is where I braided that second quadrant down towards the middle of the heart.
- Then I went ahead and braided the third quadrant outwards toward the top left section of the heart.
- Lastly, I braided the fourth and last quadrant downwards to meet the bottom of the heart.
I hope that makes sense!
Pics to “PIN” on Pinterest!
Good luck on your hair journey!
Don’t forget to “like” this tutorial if you enjoyed!
Sharing is caring!
You Might Also Like:
Lady GaGa Twisted Protective Style Tutorial
A Pretty Little Updo Tutorial
Cornrowed Milkmaid Braid Tutorial