Looking for cute braids for kids hair styles?
This adorable little cornrows styles incorporates cornrows and two strand twists to form a stylish pompadour, protective hair style.
The best thing about hairstyles with braids is that they give your hair a chance to rest from daily styling.
I hope you enjoy this tutorial!
For styling the hair you’ll need:
- Karen’s Body Beautiful Lavender Vanilla Sweet Ambrosia Leave-In Conditioner Review coming soon!
- Karen’s Body Beautiful Super Duper Hydrating Hair Cream Review coming soon!
Bunny wanted a pompadour hairstyle for her regional competition this past weekend. She asked for it to pull all of her hair back and away from her face.
This is the style that I came up with! It makes a fantastic kiddie style while being cute as well.
Who says protective styling has to be boring??!!
Detailed Braids for Kids Step By Step Instructions:
- The first thing I did was part B’s hair in half, slightly off centered. I did this because I didn’t want the “pompadour” part to sit directly on top of her head, but be slightly aligned.
- Next, I clipped the side with less hair out of the way and began cornrowing the thicker side of hair. I cornrowed until I ran out of room to make the braids stick to her head, and then I two strand twisted her hair all the way to the end. I switched from braiding to twisting because twists tend to give more volume than braids do.
- Once I was done with one side, I did the exact same thing on the other side. I personally don’t like to match sides because, like many artists, I struggle with recreating a piece of work all over again. However, matching the sides is completely up to you, although I choose not to.
- Once both sides were braided and twisted, I Dutch braided all the twists up to the top of her head and pinned it.
- Finally, I added a bright yellow flower and called it a day. And that’s it!
Pics to “PIN” on Pinterest!
Good luck on your hair journey!
Sharing is caring!
You Might Also Like:
|Lady GaGa Twisted Protective Style Tutorial||A Pretty Little Updo Tutorial||Cornrowed Milkmaid Braid Tutorial|